This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

The Cinematic Katzenjammer: Jan 9: Mission: Impossible- Ghost Protocol

Monday

Jan 9: Mission: Impossible- Ghost Protocol

"The IMF is shut down when it's implicated in the bombing of the Kremlin, causing Ethan Hunt and his new team to go rogue to clear their organization's name."

   Mission: Impossible- Ghost Protocol, or as I like to call it Mission: Incredible- Epic Awesome, was one of the most entertaining movies I have ever seen. Oh, and I saw it in IMAX, which just made it an even cooler experience. I saw it all on a four story screen and felt the blast of every explosion in my loins. Actually, that could have just been the the stud and badass who is Tom Cruise. Haters gonna hate, but that man knows how to make a movie. 

Oh God, he can read minds now!

  Tom Cruise continues to kick so much ass that you don't even realize he's 49 years old. He throws himself off of buildings and avoids explosions at half a century old, while I hope that, at that age, I can walk up the stairs without getting winded. Cruise takes a constant beating throughout the film. He's launched through the air into a skyscraper, falls stories onto tops of cars, gets hit by cars, crashes cars, and well, him and cars don't get along well. This is all happening over the course of a few days. I complain and act like a baby when I stub my toe, so I can't imagine the pain he felt "saving the world". Oh, and he climbs the tallest building in the world with power gloves.

He's a middle age Spider-Man without the cracking voice.

   Now His Badassness Cruise doesn't carry the movie alone. His supporting cast is perfect. Simon Pegg kicks the most butt since Hot Fuzz and Jeremy Renner shows that he has what it takes to grab the reins to the Bourne Franchise. He has a specific scene that is an obvious throwback reference to the first Mission Impossible. Paula Patton, who I had never even heard of before seeing MI-GP, is not only gorgeous, but she easily holds her own with the guys. 

You were expecting a picture of the lady, weren't you?

  The entire movie was amazing and I am very happy I saw it in IMAX, not that it wouldn't look good on any big screen. From the eye-catching and clever open credits to the ending (there could be more!), I was entertained. The now classic Mission Impossible theme is strung throughout the movie and brought a smile to my face every time I heard it. I knew that awesome was coming. The stunts performed were some of the coolest I have ever seen and I am now more than positive that there needs to be a new Oscar category specifically for the work done. I cannot recommend this movie enough. 

Sight: A wonder to the eyes, the stunt work is incredible and the special effects are mind blowing. 
Sound: There is a good score by the always impressive Michael "I Scored UpGiacchino, and the sound effects are just as impressive. 
Skill: The fact that Tom Cruise does most of his own stunts should say enough. With an excellent supporting cast, Cruise isn't the only thing carrying the movie. 
Script: Not a lot of twists and turns in the script, but the dialogue is funny between the team and their chemistry works well. 

Overall: 9.4/10
Best Quote
Anything and everything Simon Pegg says. 

Running © Tom Cruise, Every Movie Ever

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home