This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

The Cinematic Katzenjammer: Letterboxd: A Visual of the Films You Watch

Tuesday

Letterboxd: A Visual of the Films You Watch


For a quick post, I wanted to share with all of you Letterboxd, a social-networking site where you can mark the movies you've seen, include reviews, make lists, and more. While the social-networking aspect of the site hasn't quite blossomed into anything too interesting yet, I personally use the site as a nice visual for the films I review on here. It's cool seeing all of the posters (in order) for all of the movies I've watched and a nice add-on to my year-long adventure. Below is the link to the list I've created showcasing what I've watched. It also will give you an idea of what the site is capable of, and if you find it to be interesting enough for you, sign up! I'll be glad to follow you and check out what you've seen. Also, as a note of encouragement (as it could seem tedious), you can import all of your IMDB ratings and what not over to Letterboxd, so everything you've marked and scored won't be in vain. 


Labels:

8 Comments:

At August 29, 2012 at 7:02 AM , Blogger s. said...

Really dig this site though the functions are quite limited so far but it's fun seeing what other bloggers are watching, gave you a follow just now :)

 
At August 29, 2012 at 8:58 AM , Blogger Nick said...

Yeah, I'm hoping it really expands into something even cooler. Thanks for the follow!

 
At August 29, 2012 at 12:31 PM , Anonymous Max said...

I started using it at the beginning of this year, but sort of like how Google+ worked for me, I just stopped using it. I know it has some good ideas, but I didn't keep up with it. I'll give you an add right now though.

 
At August 29, 2012 at 1:26 PM , Anonymous Eric said...

Cool, I'm hooked on Letterboxd. Great site. Just gave you a 'follow' as well.

 
At August 29, 2012 at 6:48 PM , Blogger Nick said...

Yeah, I don't see a huge part of it that makes it worth it but I do like the fact it gives me a visual to what I've watched.

 
At August 29, 2012 at 6:49 PM , Blogger Nick said...

I'll be sure to return the follow!

 
At September 6, 2012 at 10:45 PM , Blogger Richard Kirkham said...

I have not done much with it yet, but this looks like a lot of fun. I'll be following you, so please keep up the lists as you do your posts. (Like you need more work to do)
Here is the only list I have done so far:

http://letterboxd.com/70srichard/list/ten-great-science-fiction-films-of-the-80s/

 
At September 6, 2012 at 10:50 PM , Blogger Nick said...

I'll check it out. I'm making sure to update the blog list every day, immediately after posting a new review (a large reason I added the button).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home