This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

The Cinematic Katzenjammer: The Trailer Park: Carrie

Tuesday

The Trailer Park: Carrie


So here's the teaser for the "hotly anticipated" remake of Carrie, starring Chloe Grace Moretz and Julianne Moore. Directed by Kimberly Peirce, this re-telling of the Stephen King classic book looks to be more of a new adaptation, as opposed to a direct remake. 

The trailer really doesn't give much away. Sure, there's some voice-overs talking about the troubled girl and her home life, but none of it may not even be in the final product. I really feel the trailer is entirely separate from the film and that the trailer is just a look at the style and feel Peirce and Co. are going for. It has the vibe that it was made JUST to be a teaser and I highly doubt any of the footage will be what we will see come next Spring. 

For those of you unfamiliar with the story, Carrie follows a girl (Moretz) who's that awkward loner we all know in high school. She keeps to herself when at school and at home is abused by her over zealous-religious mother (Moore). After her classmates pull a prank on her at prom, she loses her shit and taps into telekinetic powers she never knew she had and burns everything and everyone. Carrie hits theaters March 15, 2013. 



Labels: ,

17 Comments:

At October 16, 2012 at 8:37 AM , Blogger Brittani Burnham said...

"she loses her shit and taps into telekinetic powers she never knew she had and burns everything and everyone." - That really made me laugh. A perfect way to describe it.

 
At October 16, 2012 at 9:36 AM , Blogger Nick said...

haha.. i figured it was the best way.. straight to the point

 
At October 16, 2012 at 10:29 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

The cast alone makes me excited to check this one out.

 
At October 16, 2012 at 10:35 AM , Blogger Nick said...

I'll def. check it out. Just very underwhelmed.

 
At October 16, 2012 at 12:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same, that trailer isn't doing much for me but I'm going to have to watch it for the cast. Hopefully a better and longer trailer is coming soon.

 
At October 16, 2012 at 12:10 PM , Blogger Nick said...

Yeah. I'm hoping something fancier comes out sooner than later.

 
At October 16, 2012 at 12:51 PM , Blogger s. said...

I want to vomit all over this trailer.

 
At October 16, 2012 at 12:51 PM , Blogger Nick said...

That might make it more interesting!

 
At October 17, 2012 at 10:34 AM , Blogger Jess said...

This trailer doesn't really do that much for me. Chloe is just too damn pretty for this role I think. She's fantastic though so I still think she can pull it off, but it's going to be tough compared to Sissy.

 
At October 17, 2012 at 10:36 AM , Blogger Nick said...

Yeah I agree (as you saw in my post on your under 25 thing lol). I just never thought of this as a story that needed to be remade. And I hate how the director spells her last name lol.

 
At October 17, 2012 at 1:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been observed elsewhere, but that whole teaser feels like a cut-scene leading into a video game boss fight. From where I'm sitting, it's kind of awful. But I also don't think it's from the actual film; it feels like it was made just for the purposes of teasing and marketing. There's no narrative element to it.

Other than that, I think Moretz is fine even if she doesn't have the otherworldly qualities of Spacek; she's very pretty, if I can say that without sounding like a pedophile, but I don't think that means she can't play the isolated outsider. Really, if there's a stumbling block here, it's the scale, since Peirce is playing on the scope of King's original story and not on the intimate levels De Palma reached with his take on the novel; that could work really well or it could trip the whole plot up.

 
At October 17, 2012 at 3:08 PM , Blogger Nick said...

I agree that this trailer doesn't look like it's from the finished film, which is always upsetting because the final movie could be far different than this. I'm hesitant but as the release gets closer I may have an increased curiosity.

 
At October 24, 2012 at 7:21 PM , Anonymous Daniel Prinn said...

I'm pretty excited for this one. I really like Moretz and Moore. I think Moretz has a thing for playing in movies where blood is one of the primary concepts (like in Let Me In). Or at least it sure seems that way.

 
At October 24, 2012 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Nick said...

Good point! It must be a stipulation in her contracts!

 
At October 24, 2012 at 8:47 PM , Anonymous Daniel Prinn said...

Haha I'm convinced that what it is! "You must play in a film where blood plays a primary role, or at least a violent film, every year." I mean Kick-Ass sure is violent lol. Did you ever see that one?

 
At October 24, 2012 at 8:49 PM , Blogger Nick said...

In Nic Cage Week #1 lol

 
At October 24, 2012 at 8:50 PM , Anonymous Daniel Prinn said...

Haha, I'll check out your review

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home