This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

The Cinematic Katzenjammer: The Trailer Park

Tuesday

The Trailer Park

This edition of The Trailer Park has a lot of awesome and a lot of crap. There are a couple flicks in here I cannot wait to see and a couple that I absolutely (already) loathe the existence of. Watch, enjoy, get excited?

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey directed by Peter Jackson, Dec. 14
While a version of this trailer debuted a long time ago, this newer version has a couple tweaks and additions. Either way, it continues to impress and I cannot wait for this film. Howard Shore's score from The Lord of the Rings trilogy used throughout the trailer brings back such sweet memories and I highly anticipate the return to Middle Earth. 

The Big Wedding directed by Justin Zackham, Oct. 26
My God, is there so much to hate in this trailer. I have completely lost faith in the career of Robert De Niro and am ashamed for him to be in such crap. Just because people thought you were "funny" in Analyze This and Meet the Parents, it doesn't mean you need to keep making comedies. This is one of those movies I already loathe the existence of and am entirely too pissed off that this even made it past the pitch. Why Robby D.... WHY!? And as I have stated before, f**k you Katherine Heigl. 

Zero Dark Thirty directed by Katherine Bigelow, Dec. 19
I love The Hurt Locker. It's incredibly intense and shows a side to the war going on that very few people can see. Zero Dark Thirty is Katherine Bigelow's follow-up and boy does it look interesting. This is just a teaser trailer and while it gives very little information about the plot or characters, it's a nice introduction to a film we will probably be talking a lot about come Oscar time. Oh, it also stars Joel Edgerton, who I talked about in my Warrior review as a man looking for a breakout. Could this role be similar to Jeremy Renner's breakout in The Hurt Locker? I hope so.


Paranormal Activity 4 directed by Henry Joost & Ariel Schulman, Oct. 19
F**k this movie and the franchise. We just wrapped up the never-ending Saw series and now every Halloween it looks like we're going to have to suffer through another Paranormal Activity. 3D may be a gimmick that's plaguing Hollywood, but this damn "found footage" jump-out-and-scare bit is going way too far. As for the film, it clearly looks like a step down from the 3rd installment (which I thought was impossible) and the franchise is turning into what looks like a series of fan-made movies uploaded to the internet. Of course this piece of crap is going to make $100 million. I might as well go write myself a damn ghost story and film it with my smartphone. 

Robot & Frank directed by Jack Schreier, Aug. 24
There's so much I love about this trailer I can't even put it all into words. What an original idea! Frank Langella is a phenomenal actor and the idea of pairing him up with a talking-walking robot is genius. The film also packs quite a supporting cast, with Susan Sarandon, James Marsden, and Liv Tyler adding their talent to the film. This will certainly be a limited release, so finding this in theaters will be difficult, but I can only imagine it'll be worth the effort. Robot & Frank has the potential to be this year's little indie gem (a la Little Miss Sunshine, Juno) and is definitely worth keeping an eye out for. 

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home