This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

The Cinematic Katzenjammer: Taking a Quick Moment to Give My Thanks

Sunday

Taking a Quick Moment to Give My Thanks

As some of you have noticed, the blog has had quite the layout overhaul in the last couple of days. There's a new logo, new features, and an overall smoother look to the site. 


I did not do all of this on my own and I wanted to take a quick moment to thank a good friend, Alex Broerman, for the new logo and design ideas. I took a drawing class with him in high school (seemingly forever ago) and we've somewhat maintained contact since. Not too long ago I made a post about looking for a designer for a new logo, and he stepped up, willing to help me out at no cost. As a poor twentysomething, this was great news. I figured if I didn't have any cash, I could at least publicly give him my thanks as well as some recognition.


Alex recently became a Product Designer at Continuum and I can't be happier for him. He's one of the most talented artists I know and I love seeing the work he's done. He has most of his designs, art, and what not on his blog and he updates it regularly. Seriously, you need to check it out. It's some very amazing stuff. 

Here's the link- http://abroerman.tumblr.com/

Labels:

5 Comments:

At July 8, 2012 at 11:55 AM , Blogger Bubbawheat said...

The logo looks great except for one thing - there's too much empty space in it. The actual logo looks tiny in such a large field of red. That should hopefully be easy to adjust though. And welcome to the Lamb, officially.

 
At July 8, 2012 at 11:59 AM , Blogger Nick said...

So what do you think? Just make it bigger by like 15-20%? I personally like it but I can see what you mean.

 
At July 8, 2012 at 12:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Now that I think of it, I agree with Bubbawheat (lol) - make it a bit bigger and center it (mainly top-bottom)!

 
At July 8, 2012 at 12:38 PM , Blogger Nick said...

What about how it is now? I just cut off some room on the top so there's less color.

 
At July 14, 2012 at 2:08 PM , Blogger Nick said...

I'll test it out. My designer was adamant about keeping it how it is, and as it's his work, I wanna see what he thinks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home