This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

The Cinematic Katzenjammer: Summer Movie Preview: Episode I: The Hulk, the Alien, and the Batcave

Thursday

Summer Movie Preview: Episode I: The Hulk, the Alien, and the Batcave

So I recently added a "Movies I Cannot Wait For" portion to my blog and I figured why not talk about a couple of them. This site needs a little bit more variety after all. Plus, we, as a movie going audience, are going to be insanely spoiled this year. Here's just a few to start off the summer. 

The Avengers- May 4th
"Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. brings together a team of super humans to form The Avengers to help save the Earth from Loki and his army."


I'm a little late talking about The Avengers because it comes out tomorrow, but it's already rocked the rest of the world into a submissive state of blockbuster bliss. Everything I have read about the movie so far has been insanely positive and when you combine not only the talent involved, but the characters they play, it's the definition of epic. I'm definitely more of a DC fan-boy, but you'd have to be an idiot not to be excited for a project, 5 years in the making. My review will be coming this weekend. 

Moonrise Kingdom- May 16th
"A pair of lovers flee their New England town, which causes a local search party to fan out and find them."


Moonrise Kingdom is quietly approaching its release. It's certainly overshadowed by all the superhero movies this year, but it's actually one I am looking forward to the most. It's a Wes Anderson film, and you either love or hate the guy. I absolutely love everything he makes and if Moonrise Kingdom is half as good as Fantastic Mr. Fox I will be a happy man. Throw in Bill Murray, Edward Norton, a bunch of yellows and reds, and an eccentric soundtrack, and you can't go wrong.

Prometheus- June 8th
"A team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race."


Sci-fi movies are incredibly rare these days so when one comes along it's insanely exciting. F**k Avatar and it's colorful cat planet for Ridley Scott brings us to a world much more terrifying and epic. A prequel to Alien, Prometheus elaborates more on the glorious universe Scott created over 30 years ago (damn), but with better special effects, a larger scale, and a cast that's damn near perfect. Prometheus is right up there on the list of movies I cannot wait to see (and thus, shit my pants in terror). 

Brave- June 22nd
"Determined to make her own path in life, Princess Merida defies a custom that brings chaos to her kingdom. Granted one wish, Merida must rely on her bravery and her archery skills to undo a beastly curse."


Pixar finally grew a pair (in this case a lady-pair) as they have finally made a movie with a female hero. Yep, think about it. Up until now, Pixar has not had a lady in charge (Imagine Woody or Buzz being a girl...). With Brave, I am hoping Pixar can make up for the horrible and unnecessary (*cough merchandising gold cough*Cars 2 and can take back the throne of the animation world. Brave looks beautiful with outstanding visuals and animation. Let's pray the rest of the film can keep up with that. 

The Amazing Spider-Man- July 3rd
"Peter Parker finds a clue that might help him understand why his parents disappeared when he was young. His path puts him on a collision course with Dr. Curt Connors, his father's former partner."


The Amazing Spider-Man is giving me a reason to hope that 3D may be more than just a gimmick. Marc Webb, the director, has utilized first-person perspectives and, with the 3D, we can be our Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. With each new trailer for this movie, I get more and more excited. Andrew Garfield looks perfect as Peter Parker and I will pay a ton of money to see anything Emma Stone does. Forget Tobey Maguire, we got a new web-slinger in town. 

The Dark Knight Rises- July 20
"Eight years after Batman took the fall for Two Face's crimes, a new terrorist leader, Bane, overwhelms Gotham's finest, and the Dark Knight resurfaces to protect a city that has branded him an enemy."


I can happily wander off into the after-life after I see this movie. Christopher Nolan is a god among men and simply can do no wrong. The final film to his Batman trilogy, The Dark Knight Rises is arguably the most anticipated movie of all time. This is the ONE film I refuse to miss and I'm even checking in with my local IMAX theater on a constant basis, waiting for the midnight tickets to go on sale. This will be epic on an entirely new level. 
In Nolan We Trust. 

2 Comments:

At May 4, 2012 at 8:07 PM , Blogger MT said...

Avengers- Sure it will be good, but I can't help but think all these Marvel movies are getting more overrated?

Moonrise- Thank you for putting me on notice. Put Bill Murray in anything and Metal Thug takes his pants off.

Spider man- Third time is the charm? Not in this series. The next one, I guess will still be a good movie. Maybe. Unless I hear otherwise, I'll see it on HBO.

Prometheus- Looking forward to this one. Avoiding trailers due to so called spoilers. Betting it will be worth the wait.

Batman- Keaton and Nicholson still own the series, but the movies are great. And Nolan did wrong when he made an ugly girl the co star, but hey, I like ugly people too. Maybe he didn't do wrong?

 
At May 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM , Blogger Nick said...

do you get hyped up super excited about anything? lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home