This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

The Cinematic Katzenjammer: May 7: The Avengers

Monday

May 7: The Avengers

"Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. brings together a team of super humans to form The Avengers to help save the Earth from Loki and his army."

I have officially seen The Avengers. I have seen Iron Man reverse a giant airship's engine. I have seen Captain America and Thor duke it out in the woods, Cap's shield and Thor's hammer Mjölnir clashing. I have seen Hawkeye shoot an arrow with perfect precision and Black Widow kick and punch anything that comes at her. I have seen The Hulk smash and smash and smash... and it is glorious. 

Yes, yes, and yes. 

The Avengers is everything that's good about going to the movies. Everything about it is epic, from the incredible cast of characters coming together (five years in the making), to the stellar special effects, to the action that will literally blow your mind. So much happens on such a huge scale and it's nothing like you have seen before. The Avengers has completely set the bar for any future blockbusters and it is set insanely high. I am surprised I am saying this, but I really have no idea how anything can top this. For pure entertainment and epic grandeur, The Avengers is it

It. 

All of the previous Marvel movies come together beautifully here. We are already invested in each of the heroes, with the exception of Hawkeye and Black Widow (who have their own developments in The Avengers). We know, and love, Chris Evans as Captain America, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, and Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man. They ARE these heroes and it pays off incredibly well. Newcomer Mark Ruffalo takes over as Bruce Banner and is now the only person I can see in the role. The cast is perfect and each character has plenty of their own screen time to show off why they're made for each role. Although, The Hulk really does steal the spotlight. 

Also, Tom Hiddleston's Loki can officially go down as one of the greatest villains of all time. God, he's good. 

There really isn't much more I can say about The Avengers. Joss Whedon directs the most entertaining movie I have seen in years with the reverence any comic book fan can appreciate on a scale anyone can enjoy. It's insanely funny, with the perfect combination of humor and action. It's obvious I recommend the film and chances are you have already seen it. It is the largest opening of all time and after witnessing it myself, I understand. Just go see it. If you have already, join me in seeing it again, because there is simply so much to see and so much to be amazed by. 

The Good:
Seeing something you have never seen before and the actually successful accumulation of all these heroes
The Better:
Perfect casting in every role on screen and enjoying every second of it
The EPIC:
The entire movie. Every moment. Every word. 

Overall: 9.5/10


Trailer (Like You Haven't Seen It Already):



P.S Not to take away from the Marvel Masterpiece, but another highlight of seeing the film was having a rather loud (and packed) audience become absolutely dead silent when The Dark Knight Rises trailer began. It gave me chills... and mangasms. 

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home