This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

The Cinematic Katzenjammer: The Shoes They Wear Blogathon

Thursday

The Shoes They Wear Blogathon


As some of you may know, last month I ran the Most F**ked Up Movies You've Ever Seen Blogathon. I received dozens of entries and the overall blogathon turned into one of the blog's biggest successes. So, moving forward, I actually plan on doing a different blogathon each month with The Cinematic Katzenjammer itself reviewing tons of movies that fit in the category. Next to my Nic Cage Weeks, this idea will be the closest thing to a recurring theme. 


So, enough of that nonsense. I'm sure you're all wondering what November has in store. Well, this month I wanted to take a common, Oscar-worthy genre that's been popular in Hollywood since it's very beginning and change it up a bit. I present to you The Shoes They Wear: A Blogathon of Lives More Ordinary


The Shoes They Wear is a blogathon of biopics of all sorts, from tales based off of real life musicians or historical figures to the unconventional story about a made up somebody. I want to see reviews and articles relating to films that follow the biopic formula as well as those that can be stretching it a bit. If you're confused by what counts as a fictional biopic, some movies that would fall under that category would be Forrest Gump (the inspiration for the blogathon title) or The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. And then, of course, you can imagine what would fall under the familiar biopic.


Now, just like last month, I want to see all sorts of articles concerning the blogathon topic. I want to see articles discussing your favorite biopic or reviews for the films. However, there's one little bit of extra something I'll ask of all of you and that is to either take an existing historical figure or make somebody up, and give that biopic a cast. For instance, I am obsessed with the life of Nikola Tesla. I plan on writing an article discussing my dream casting for a film about his life and even write about who I'd love to see direct it. Have fun with it, pick history's overlooked icons and see what comes out of it. 


As Forrest Gump stated, "There is an awful lot you can tell about a person by their shoes .. Where they're going, where they've been." Share what you've learned and give us an idea of where they're heading. 


Reviews:
What Happened To Hollywood- Yankee Doodle Dandy
Amanda Loves Movies- Goodfellas
Amanda Loves Movies- Ed Wood
Amanda Loves Movies- The Aviator
Terry Malloy's Pigeon Coop- The Fighter
Terry Malloy's Pigeon Coop- Bronson
Daniel's Film Reviews- Lincoln

CK Reviews:
Bronson
Big Fish
Sleepwalk with Me
Lawless
Machine Gun Preacher
Lord of War
A Dangerous Method
Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey
Lincoln

Articles:
Shane at Film Rehab Discusses 3 Biopics He'd Like to See

Labels:

25 Comments:

At November 2, 2012 at 12:01 AM , Blogger Nikhat said...

Oooh cool. I like this blogathon. Personally I'm not one for fucked up films, but I do love a good biopic. Unless my exams get in the way, count me in!

 
At November 2, 2012 at 12:04 AM , Blogger Nick said...

Glad to hear it! You should spread the word! :-D

 
At November 2, 2012 at 1:22 AM , Blogger WhatHappnd2Hollywood said...

Fun! I am such a fan of your topics so far.

 
At November 2, 2012 at 6:26 AM , Blogger Two Tickets For... said...

Fantastic idea. You know we're in.

 
At November 2, 2012 at 8:05 AM , Blogger Ries said...

This is gonna be great.

 
At November 2, 2012 at 11:47 AM , Anonymous Belinda said...

Seems interesting, i am down! :)

 
At November 2, 2012 at 4:04 PM , Blogger Nick said...

Thank you! Hope to see an entry from you!

 
At November 2, 2012 at 4:04 PM , Blogger Nick said...

Sounds good. Can't wait to see what you two come up with!

 
At November 2, 2012 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Nick said...

Hell yes it is!

 
At November 2, 2012 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Nick said...

That's good! More the merrier!

 
At November 4, 2012 at 12:46 PM , Anonymous Shala said...

I'm digging this. Looking forward to taking part.

 
At November 4, 2012 at 5:27 PM , Blogger Nick said...

Look forward to seeing your entry!

 
At November 6, 2012 at 6:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'll take part in this Nick. Hope Im not too late

 
At November 6, 2012 at 7:09 PM , Blogger Nick said...

No time limit! All of November!

 
At November 7, 2012 at 6:41 AM , Blogger WhatHappnd2Hollywood said...

http://whathappened2hollywood.blogspot.com/2012/11/is-there-accurate-classic-biopic-bueller_7.html

Here's my entry for Yankee Doodle Dandy- Didnt pick it on purpose to coincide with the election, but a happy coincidence, ha.

 
At November 11, 2012 at 7:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 of my top 10 favorite movies are biopics. How do you submit an entry?

 
At November 11, 2012 at 9:38 AM , Blogger Nick said...

Either comment here or email me. No limit to how many entries.

 
At November 15, 2012 at 11:40 AM , Blogger Shane said...

Cool idea, I hope I can finish it up... But I think I have something good to offer on this one. By good, I mean potentially mediocre.

 
At November 15, 2012 at 12:31 PM , Blogger Nick said...

Every entry is awesome. You're far above mediocre!

 
At November 15, 2012 at 9:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Among my favs are Goodfellas (http://amandalovesmovies.com/2012/02/17/goodfellas/) Ed Wood (http://amandalovesmovies.com/2012/03/01/ed-wood/ ), The Aviator (http://amandalovesmovies.com/2012/03/12/the-aviator), often the best biopics don't let facts get in the way of a great story.

 
At November 19, 2012 at 10:23 PM , Blogger Nick said...

Added

 
At November 21, 2012 at 7:22 AM , Blogger Shane said...

Here is my contribution. Film Rehab represent.

 
At November 21, 2012 at 3:57 PM , Blogger Nick said...

added!

 
At November 23, 2012 at 2:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nick, I've got a couple of thing that could be added to this - A comparison of The Fighter & Warrior (one fictional biopic, one real) and a review of Bronson.

http://terrymalloyspigeoncoop.com/2012/03/17/the-fighter-vs-warrior/

http://terrymalloyspigeoncoop.com/2012/08/09/quickie-bronson/

Thanks man

 
At November 23, 2012 at 9:53 PM , Anonymous Daniel Prinn said...

Here's my review of Lincoln!

http://filmcraziest.wordpress.com/2012/11/17/lincoln-2012/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home