This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

The Cinematic Katzenjammer: Misquotables: A Game: Episode II: The Dark Night of the Living Dead

Monday

Misquotables: A Game: Episode II: The Dark Night of the Living Dead


Misquotables is a game where I take a famous movie line, tweak it a bit and/or substitute words, and you guess what the movie is and what the actual quote is. For instance, I'd say, "I'm going to present him something he can't say no to", and the answer would be "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse", from The Godfather. Simple, right? Just leave your answers in the comments below and whoever answers first gets the points. I'll do multiple levels of difficulty, with 'Good' earning 1 point, 'Bad' earning 2, and 'Ugly' earning 3. I haven't come up with a prize yet, but I imagine this will last five rounds. 

The Good (1 point):
1. "Your greeting made me want you." 
2. "Call the house."
3. "Time does nothing but distance does."

The Bad (2 points):
1. "Yes, ma'm."
2. "Death from the little one"
3. "A single one is all there must be."

The Ugly (3 points):
1. "Show me that you have balls"
2. "Forever and far away."
3. "Stop it!"


The Good Answers:
1. "You had me at hello"- Jerry Maguire
2. "E.T. Phone home"- E.T

The Bad Answers:
2. "You're killin' me smalls!"- The Sandlot
3. "There can only be one!"- Highlander

The Ugly Answers:
2. "To infinity and beyond!"- Toy Story

Scores:
Travis- 8 pts
Bubba- 7 pts
Forgotten Films- 2 pts
Justin- 1 pt


Labels:

10 Comments:

At September 17, 2012 at 7:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. "you had me at hello" jerry McGuire

3. "there can be only one" - highlander

 
At September 17, 2012 at 8:09 AM , Blogger Dusty said...

TG 2 - ET Phone Home?

 
At September 17, 2012 at 8:47 AM , Blogger Nick said...

All correct so far

 
At September 17, 2012 at 11:26 AM , Blogger xTJMac510x said...

U2-To Infinity And Beyond-Toy Story

 
At September 17, 2012 at 11:33 AM , Blogger Nick said...

Correct

 
At September 17, 2012 at 12:35 PM , Blogger Bubbawheat said...

B2: Say hello to my little friend - Scarface

 
At September 17, 2012 at 12:36 PM , Blogger Bubbawheat said...

Oh wait no, B2: You're killing me Smalls - Sandlot

 
At September 17, 2012 at 12:37 PM , Blogger Nick said...

Sandlot it is.

 
At September 19, 2012 at 7:01 PM , Blogger Bubbawheat said...

Just had a random memory that was triggered by this game and thought I'd share. I do enjoy the game by the way, and it's probably because I actually did this very same game in high school, only for band names. I remember I even went so far as to print out copies and hand them to my friends for them to figure out. I was such a nerd... am such a nerd.

 
At September 19, 2012 at 7:04 PM , Blogger Nick said...

You my friend, are odd.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home