This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

The Cinematic Katzenjammer: As You Watch Episode III: I Saw the Devil

Monday

As You Watch Episode III: I Saw the Devil


Well here you have it folks, Episode III of As You Watch, a podcast I run with Joe from Two Dude Review, Vern from The Vern's Videovangaurd, and Bubba from Flights, Tights, and Movie Nights. This episode we discuss the South Korean film, I Saw the Devil as well as the theatrical and DVD releases for this week. Each episode we also focus on three of our top "fill-in-the-blank" movies, and this week we talk about our three favorite revenge flicks. And as always, we wrap everything up with our Battle of the Wits, a little game we play to decide on what to watch next. 





Related Links and Reviews:
I Saw the Devil:
The Cinematic Katzenjammer
Two Dude Review
What to Expect When You're Expecting:
The Cinematic Katzenjammer
Snow White and the Huntsman:
Two Dude Review
The Vern's Videovangaurd
The Princess Bride:
The Cinematic Katzenjammer
Pixelschatten:
Review- The Cinematic Katzenjammer
Q&A- The Cinematic Katzenjammer

Labels:

8 Comments:

At September 11, 2012 at 1:13 PM , Blogger Mavi@filmscope said...

been looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this as I saw the devil was one of my favourite films from last year!!!

http://filmscope.net/2011/02/i-saw-the-devil-2010/

 
At September 11, 2012 at 3:26 PM , Blogger Nick said...

Glad there's someone else loving this movie as much. More people need to see it!

 
At September 13, 2012 at 10:11 AM , Blogger Mavi@filmscope said...

I am surprised by the lack of Asian Revenge flicks in your lists? none of the vengeance trilogy made it on anyone's list.. Even stuff Like the Skin I live in from last year...

This is my Top 5..
5.Dog Bite Dog
4.The Skin I Live In
3.Audition
2.Oldboy
1.Irreversible

good shout by someone sry still getting used to the voices... The Count of Monte Cristo..

 
At September 13, 2012 at 10:17 AM , Blogger Nick said...

I was thinking of listing Oldboy (as it's totally deserving of the list) but I didn't want to talk about it as it's somewhat similar to I Saw the Devil. Otherwise, it totally would have been on my list. Audition was close behind as well. Vern did mention Irreversible.

 
At September 13, 2012 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Mavi@filmscope said...

I cant remember if you had seen it our not but you really should...

Its not something I will watch again any time soon, but it is a must watch...

I am alittle disappointed you chose to do an episode in lou because would like you to run a mail bag type section everyweek?

 
At September 13, 2012 at 10:02 PM , Blogger Nick said...

A little confused at what you mean by the mail bag feature.

And yes, I have seen (and own) Audition. Great, great movie.

 
At September 14, 2012 at 6:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Saw the Devil should be unwatchable by virtue of its inherent ugliness, but damn does Kim know how to compose a shot and build an emotional core. I even gave a flicker of a damn about Kyung-chul at the end, and felt disgusted at myself (which I suspect is part of the point). Glad to see the film get more love!

 
At September 14, 2012 at 7:57 AM , Blogger Nick said...

Yeah. At it's heart, you think... oh God it's so violent and wrong. But the way it's filmed is amazing and makes it worthwhile.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home