This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

The Cinematic Katzenjammer: The Trailer Park: Zombies, Witches, Sean Penn, and A Lot of Old People

Wednesday

The Trailer Park: Zombies, Witches, Sean Penn, and A Lot of Old People


I apologize that it's been awhile since I've done any non-review feature. I'm wanting to work on it so I do at least one edition of The Trailer Park and Pick Six once a week. So here's to (hopefully) a new commitment and a better variety of things on The Cinematic Katzenjammer. 

The Bay, directed by Barry Levinson Nov. 2
I hate found footage films. Or, at least what they've become. This year's Chronicle showed the 'gimmick' could work, when done right, and I'm now sure there will be plenty of movies on the way that try to do the same. With The Bay, the found footage idea is used to tell the story of a viral outbreak that turns people into zombies. The catch? It's directed by Barry Levinson, who's known for his political satires, like Wag the Dog, Man of the Year, and yes, even Good Morning, Vietnam. This trailer has me sold and if the film is as good as this 2 minute bit, I'll be one of the first people in line. It genuinely looks terrifying and I can't wait to hear more about it. 

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, directed by: Tommy Wirkola, Jan. 11
There's not a lot to say about this as it looks... interesting. I really can't tell by the trailer how bad this flick's going to be or if it in fact, is just campy enough to channel The Evil Dead. I'm hoping that this flick gets a hard R-rating, otherwise I don't think this will be worth anyone's time. The plus? It's directed by the guy who made Dead Snow, a movie about Nazi zombies looking for Nazi gold. If he can replicate what he did with that film, with Hansel and Gretel, I'm in. Let's hope this film isn't the beginning of the end of Jeremy Renner's career. 

This Must Be the Place, directed by: Paolo Sorrentino, Nov. 2
This is one bizarre looking flick. Sean Penn channels his inner drugged-out rocker/granny/drag-queen in what looks to be a very unconventional road-trip movie. Penn is picky with his roles, so he must have seen something special about the script and I'm hoping that it plays out well on screen. Parts of the trailer look really funny but parts of it just kind of scare me. Either way, it's sparked my curiosity. 

The Company You Keep, directed by: Robert Redford, release date unknown
Hipster-Journalist Shia LaBeouf, with every actor currently carrying an AARP card. Directed by Robert Redford. That is all. Oh, and I f**king loathe Ordinary People. Just saying. 

Dredd, directed by: Pete Travis, Sept. 21
Yes, this movie comes out in a little over two weeks but I had to revisit the trailer. I figured that this movie would just fly under the radar and be swept under the rug to rot away in oblivion but I was pleasantly surprised at early review of the film. From what I've read, the film is over-the-top, packed with violence and glorious action and it does incredible justice to an iconic character. The trailer doesn't really do much to sell you on the movie, but with this epic reviews rolling in, I'm very excited for it. 

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At September 6, 2012 at 5:03 AM , Blogger s. said...

This Must be the Place is really bizarre movie, but it's worth seeing for Sean Penn's work, though the film kinda turns into chaos near the end. I'm staying away from The Company You Keep. Can't stand Labeouf.

 
At September 6, 2012 at 8:33 AM , Blogger Nick said...

This Must Be the Place is definitely a rental. The Company You Keep I only included because I needed a 5th trailer lol. I really have no interest in the flick.

 
At September 6, 2012 at 3:05 PM , Anonymous ruth said...

That Hansel and Gretel trailer looks like crap, definitely a skip. As for Dredd, I LOVE Karl Urban but the excessive violence and only seeing half of his face just doesn't interest me. The reviews seem to be good though, it's currently 100% on rotten tomatoes!

 
At September 6, 2012 at 7:02 PM , Blogger Nick said...

It does... but I'm holding out, hoping for something lol. And yes, Dredd has epic reviews. Can't wait.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home