This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

The Cinematic Katzenjammer: Misquotables: A Game: Episode I: The Phantom Menace II Society

Monday

Misquotables: A Game: Episode I: The Phantom Menace II Society


I decided to start a game here at The Cinematic Katzenjammer. I figured all of you that read the reviews want to get a little "interactive" with this site, so I figured why not come up with a fun little game. The name?- Misquotables, where I take a famous movie line, tweak it a bit and/or substitute words, and you guess what the movie is and what the actual quote is. For instance, I'd say, "I'm going to present to him something he can't say no to", and the answer would be "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse", from The Godfather. Simple, right? Just leave your answers in the comments below and whoever answers first gets the points. I'll do multiple levels of difficulty, with 'Good' earning 1 point, 'Bad' earning 2, and 'Ugly' earning 3. I haven't come up with a prize yet, but I imagine this will last five rounds. Here goes nothing.

The Good: (1 point)
1. "I would like to eat the same thing she ordered"
2. "Adios"
3. "Are you curious as to where these markings came from?"

The Bad: (2 points)
1. "Feet let you know a lot about a person".
2. "I rule the earth!"
3. "I can't handle being angry much further"

The Ugly: (3 points)
1. "Let me through"  
2. "I don't need identification, nor do I need to show you"
3. "He's named Santa Clause" 


The Good Answers:
1. "I'll have what she's having"- When Harry Met Sally 
2. "Hasta la vista, baby"- Terminator 2
3. "Do you wanna know how I got these scars?"- The Dark Knight
The Bad Answers:1. "My momma always said you can tell a lot about a person by their shoes"- Forrest Gump 
2. "I'm king of the world!"- Titanic
3. "I'm as mad as hell, and I am not going to take this anymore!"- Network
The Ugly Answers:
1. "Open the bay pod doors, HAL"- 2001: A Space Odyssey2. "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"- Treasure of the Sierra Madre
3. "And they call him... Sandy Claws!"- The Nightmare Before Christmas

Scores:
Travis- 8 pts
Bubba- 7 pts
Forgotten Films- 2 pts
Justin- 1 pt

Labels:

29 Comments:

At September 10, 2012 at 1:18 AM , Blogger xTJMac510x said...

1. When Harry Met Sally "I'll have what she's having."

That's the only one I got so far

 
At September 10, 2012 at 1:21 AM , Blogger xTJMac510x said...

Although I do think 2 on Ugly is "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!" from Treasure of the Sierra Madre. I realize that's the whole quote and your probably only using the "We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!" part but I figured the whole quote was necessary

 
At September 10, 2012 at 1:25 AM , Blogger xTJMac510x said...

Unless 2 on Good is "Hasta La Vista" from Terminator. Otherwise the other 6 are WAY over my head. I will try to think of them though and post if they haven't already been guessed yet.

Oh and sorry about the multiple comments

 
At September 10, 2012 at 3:32 AM , Blogger Bubbawheat said...

B2: I'm King of the World - Titanic
B1: You can tell a lot about someone by their shoes - Forrest Gump

 
At September 10, 2012 at 6:09 AM , Blogger Dusty said...

B3 - Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

 
At September 10, 2012 at 6:10 AM , Blogger Dusty said...

H1 - These are not the droids you're looking for.

 
At September 10, 2012 at 6:11 AM , Blogger Dusty said...

Incredible Hulk

 
At September 10, 2012 at 6:12 AM , Blogger Dusty said...

Star Wars A New Hope

 
At September 10, 2012 at 6:12 AM , Blogger Dusty said...

Actually - This should be H2

 
At September 10, 2012 at 9:49 AM , Blogger Nick said...

Correct

 
At September 10, 2012 at 9:50 AM , Blogger Nick said...

That is incorrect

 
At September 10, 2012 at 9:50 AM , Blogger Nick said...

Nope, sorry.

 
At September 10, 2012 at 9:57 AM , Blogger Nick said...

B2, yes. B1, not exactly. Wording is king.

 
At September 10, 2012 at 10:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha wow nobody guessed The Dark Knight "Want to know how I got these scars?" one yet?

 
At September 10, 2012 at 10:03 AM , Blogger Forgotten Films said...

B3 is "Network"

"I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!"

 
At September 10, 2012 at 10:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, "I'm mad as hell and I can't take it anymore!"

 
At September 10, 2012 at 10:08 AM , Blogger Nick said...

I know lol. Correct though.

 
At September 10, 2012 at 10:09 AM , Blogger Nick said...

And yes, you got it!

 
At September 10, 2012 at 10:09 AM , Blogger Nick said...

You got beat to the punch lol.

 
At September 10, 2012 at 10:12 AM , Blogger Nick said...

Actually, I'll give B1 to you this round. Giving everyone the heads up for next that it's got to be EXACT.

 
At September 10, 2012 at 2:34 PM , Blogger Bubbawheat said...

Wondering if you're trying to be sneaky on the Uglies:
U1: "You shall not pass!" - Fellowship of the Ring

 
At September 10, 2012 at 5:44 PM , Blogger Nick said...

Nope, not that tricky lol

 
At September 10, 2012 at 11:33 PM , Blogger xTJMac510x said...

Yeah I have no idea on the other two. Really none whatsoever.

I mean unless U1 is "Let my people go" from the Ten Commandments, "Get your hands off me you damn dirty apes" from Planet of the Apes or "Let us in, let us in" from Clue, I'm fresh out of ideas. Your good Nick...

As for the U3 one I had a joke that I thought it was "They Call Me Mr Tibbs" from They Call Me Mr Tibbs but yeah...that one is nearly impossible.

Great job man.

 
At September 11, 2012 at 8:21 AM , Blogger Nick said...

Sorry, neither of those are right lol. I'm going to give it until later today and if no one gets them, I'll post some hints.

 
At September 11, 2012 at 6:42 PM , Blogger Bubbawheat said...

U3: And they call him Sandy Claws - Nightmare before christmas

 
At September 11, 2012 at 6:42 PM , Blogger Nick said...

Atta boy!

 
At September 11, 2012 at 11:32 PM , Blogger xTJMac510x said...

U1-"Open the pod bay doors, HAL!" 2001 A Space Odyssey

 
At September 11, 2012 at 11:42 PM , Blogger Nick said...

That's a bingo!

 
At September 11, 2012 at 11:43 PM , Blogger Nick said...

That's a bingo!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home