This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

The Cinematic Katzenjammer: The Cinematic Katzenjammer is Looking for Writers!

Tuesday

The Cinematic Katzenjammer is Looking for Writers!


Folks, this is a rather important post. As most of you may know, the goal of this blog is for me to write a review for a new movie every day. Well, Friday marks my 300th review and a sign that the year is coming to an end and my goal of reviewing 366 movies in 366 days will be achieved. As always, I want to thank all of you readers and commenters and likers and sharers and retweeters for everything you've done to make this blog as successful as it is and something that I'm incredibly proud of. 

So what's next?

Some of you may have noticed that there has been a bigger variety of posts. Each weekday, I've tried to post a trailer, Joe of Two Dude Review has allowed me to repost his Box Office predictions, I am working on having a Pick Six each week, and have been more than open to guest reviews and such. You may have also noticed that Ries has jumped on board as a solid "guest" reviewer, and he's actually set up to be a full-time member come January.

Well, my plans are to really expand The Cinematic Katzenjammer come the end of the year. I want to turn this into a place you come to for reviews, news, trailers, and anything else movie related. Of course, I want it all to be fun and not your straight up, subjective reporting like most sites. This entire project is personal to me and I feel that my writing reflects that. Thus, I want to continue with that and expand upon it. 

Well, what are you looking for?

I am looking for a writer (or two) who can focus solely on daily news articles in the mean time and eventually write reviews and other features as time goes on. There are a lot of changes happening around the blog and I need someone to help me with content as I work on a schedule and ideas for what's to come. 

Preferably, I'd love to have a writer on board that's familiar with the blog- enough to at least understand the style and such. However, I am not looking for someone to simply follow an outline and write accordingly. I want someone who can not only challenge themselves as a writer, but give me a run for my money as well. I like to be inspired as much as the next guy and a new jolt of creativity and imagination can push this blog over the top and into greater...greatness. 

That sound's awesome! How do I apply, Nick?

Glad you asked. This isn't a job interview or anything of the sort. As of now, it's simply volunteer. I can't promise fame, riches, or even fake gold. I can only promise my full support and gratitude. I want you as a team member, not a minion or follower. 

So, what I need from any of you interested is an email. Send me a message (Email Here) explaining what you can bring to the table and any ideas you may have for features and/or articles. As this first step is primarily a focus on news, I would like you to email me a news article you have written. It's topic can be anything (real or made-up) as I just want to get a handle on your style of writing. Enthusiasm and creativity are a plus. 

Regardless of the turnout, I, personally promise to continue delivering you quality reviews and content, each and every day. The ideas for the expansion are great and I'd love to have someone on board for it. My only goals are to keep looking ahead and I hope to find someone who's willing to jump aboard. 

Labels:

4 Comments:

At October 26, 2012 at 3:26 PM , Blogger Mavi@filmscope said...

May applicants cause we did the same a few months back got a load of peeps interested, but really difficult to get people to follow through..???

 
At October 26, 2012 at 5:50 PM , Blogger Nick said...

I have had one person show interest and he was more so replying to a tweet and not this particular post. Seems he didn't even read it. So yeah, no luck. Don't really feel too confident about hearing back from anyone.

 
At October 30, 2012 at 9:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm not certain as to exactly what you want another write to do, but feel free to browse my blog and let me know if you think i can contribute something worthwhile.

http://brainsnorts.wordpress.com/

 
At November 4, 2012 at 7:49 PM , Blogger Nick said...

I'll take a peek. Do you have an email listed on the site?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home