This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

The Cinematic Katzenjammer: The Liebster Award

Sunday

The Liebster Award



The Liebster is an award that's passed from blogger to blogger as a recognition of quality work. I received mine from Eric at The Movie Waffler. To accept the award however there are rules which must be followed however:

1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
4. Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post.
5. Go to their page and tell them.
6. NO TAG BACKS

11 things about Me
  1. I was born and raised in Portland, OR and cannot wait to get back. 
  2. I currently reside in Colorado Springs, CO, but have also lived in Fresno, CA; Allentown, PA; Carmel, IN and Stevens Point, WI. 
  3. My favorite musician is Ryan Adams. 
  4. My "my team" when it comes to sports is the Portland Trail Blazers. 
  5. I love, love food and go out to eat way too much. 
  6. I like cats more than dogs, even though I am incredibly allergic to them (I like both though). 
  7. I only started reading and enjoying it recently, even though I'm 23 years old. 
  8. I hate heights and was once terrified of ladders (I got over the ladders, not the heights). 
  9. I can't eat ice cream in the dark and have no idea why. 
  10. I absolutely hate stupid people. 
  11. My name is Nick. 
Questions from The Movie Waffler

Which city and country do you live in? 
Colorado Springs, CO, USA
If I should watch one movie I may not have seen what should it be?
I don't quite understand the question but I'm assuming it's you, Eric (The Movie Waffler) that's asking me the question. If that's the case, I suggest you watch either Audition or Martyrs, too incredibly disturbing and memorable foreign horror films. 
What's the best comment that's been left on your site?
From Hannah (Hannah and Her Movies) in relation to my The Great Recasting Blogathon- The Princess Bride post
"This is, hands down, my favorite of all the recasting blogs I've read. Pretty much every one you mentioned made me go, "YES! THAT IS A GREAT CHOICE!" I particularly like Rex Harrison as Rugen and Rainn Wilson as Vizzini."
And the worst?
Pretty much all of the substantial comments have been good but I have had a handful of spam/hate comments where anonymous members state something along the lines of "you suck!" with much more expletives. 
Of all the posts you've written, which are you proudest of?
That's a tough question. I know nothing I wrote early on would be at any quality to be proud of but my review of The Artist (see here) and the previously mentioned The Princess Bride post are two of my favorites. 
What inspired you to be a blogger?
I've always loved watching and discussing movies but never had the best outlet to do so. Not bashing any real life friends, but I did not have a lot of people I talk to in depth about the movies I watched, so I decided to bring my opinions to the internet, like everyone else...
Do you write in your native language?
Yes. I speak American and write American.
How often do you visit the cinema?
I don't visit the movie theater as much as I would like. I'd say about 2-3 times a month, when in reality I'd love to go at least once a week, if not more. The price of everything at the theater is just too damn high!
If someone is sitting near you in the cinema and keeps talking do you call them out or ignore them?
I call them out or if they're really rambunctious, I talk to a theater manager. I pay good money to see a movie I really want to see and if you continue to interrupt me, I'll do something about it.
When it comes to new movie releases have we ever had it so bad?
Not quite understanding this question either but I'm assuming you're talking about the consistent amount of trash that rolls into theaters. While the number seems incredibly high lately, there is still a hell of a lot of amazing movies that hide in the mix.
Is 3D here to stay?
I really hope not. It's a headache in long increments, bloats box office numbers, and is more of a way for studios to make money than it is a way to increase the movie going experience. 

11 Bloggers I feel deserve this award

11 Questions for those bloggers
  1. What's your own favorite recurring feature you have on your blog?
  2. What's a guilty pleasure movie you can't help but love but don't want anyone knowing about?
  3. If you could live in any fictional cinematic world, what would it be and why? 
  4. Who is your all-time favorite movie character?
  5. What's one thing you want to change about your blog but have been unable to?
  6. What's your favorite curse word?
  7. What's the best widget you have on your blog?
  8. Where is one place you'd love to visit and why?
  9. If you could go back in time, strictly in your own life, what's one thing you'd change? 
  10. Who is your favorite superhero?
  11. What is the meaning of life? Explain in detail. 


Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At July 29, 2012 at 5:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the award, Nick! I absolutely love your questions.

 
At July 29, 2012 at 5:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, and now I get your Portland issue with Mr. Brooks, haha... Congrats on receiving this award, you deserve it!

 
At July 29, 2012 at 5:33 PM , Blogger Nick said...

Haha thanks, so do you! I should make my own mini-awards. I know someone named Sofia that would get "Best Blog Look" (I can't say that enough, can I? lol)

 
At July 29, 2012 at 6:06 PM , Blogger Bubbawheat said...

Thanks for the award! I've decided to not pass on these chain awards anymore, but I appreciate the sentiment. I'll probably answer the questions in some form, either on my Wednesday's blog post or on Twitter or something. Keep an eye out.

 
At July 30, 2012 at 8:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you. However, I won't be taking part. Like Bubbawheat, I'll pass on the goodwill in some other way.

 
At July 30, 2012 at 10:18 PM , Blogger Nick said...

No worries. I'll def. keep looking.

 
At July 30, 2012 at 10:18 PM , Blogger Nick said...

Sounds good. Either way, you both deserve it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home